Affiliate Marketing in its barest form is you put a link on the internet to a product. If someone comes and clicks on your link and buys that product you get a commission.
Affiliate marketing is a simple 3 step process:
- You recommend a product or service to your followers.
- Your followers purchase the product or service using your affiliate link.
- You get paid a commission for the sales made using your affiliate link.
How Much Money Can You Make With Affiliate Marketing
The amount varies wildly….Somewhere between a couple dollars to millions.
The Pros and Cons of Becoming an Affiliate Marketer
- You don’t need your own product or service
- Its free to sign up to become an affiliate for a program
- Great way to make passive income or evergreen income.
- A great way of helping people.
- It takes a while to establish yourself
- Competition is high
How To Get Started
- Make sure your niche is healthy by using keywords and sub niches to make sure you are laser focused on what you want to sell. an example would be the health niche. This is pretty general so focus on a sub niche such as arthritis, weight gain or loss, headaches etc. If your looking for products check out clickbank. affiliate
- Create your own website, blog or both if you want. Of course you will need an hosting account and domain name. I use namecheap.com. affiliate
- Make sure your website and blog is professional and again focused on a specific sub niche. The content for your blog or the salespage on your website is important for SEO purposes and driving traffic to each of these.
- Every program you research or join check out if they have a affiliate program attached. Just discipline yourself so you will only use the affiliate programs that are related to your sub niche.
- Make sure you do not sell your self short. I would only accept worthwhile commissions.
Conclusion: According to Neil Patel 99% of people get started with affiliate marketing.
Heres an old post of mine I wrote way back in 2016
Disclosure: The content of this post are my ideas, I do not try to emulate anybody else. If I use somebody elses material I will add the link and author in the post.
The affiliate links are to products that I endorse and it is up to you to buy or not. No affiliate link was harmed in the writing of this post.
Disclosure: Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.